What is a Renewables UK Wind Medical?
RUK / Renewable UK Wind Turbine medical is an assessment of fitness to work on offshore and land-based projects for the renewable energy sector.
What do I need to know before attending a Renewables UK Wind Medical?
A Renewables Wing medical will consist of:
Completion of Questionnaire
- Consultation with a doctor inclusive of examination
- BMI – measurement of height, weight, and calculation of Body Mass Index
- Visual acuity (near and distance) and visual fields test
- Pulse and Blood Pressure Measurement
- Lung Function Test (spirometry)
- Audiogram (hearing test)
- Chester Step Test
- The doctor will also discuss the form you filled in and carry out any additional checks they think necessary.
How soon after the Renewables UK Wind Medical will certificates be available?
Provided that the doctor has all the information required the certificate will be issued on the day.
How long are certificates Valid for?
Certificates are valid for 2 years unless there is a medical reason for a restriction.
We’re here to help
Please get in touch for more details or to find out how ROC can help your business.